These programs center around the dignity of each person we are providing items to. We often take for granted that the ability to care for ourselves isn’t financially feasible for all our neighbors. The standard and goal of these programs is to help everyone in our community take care of themselves in a way that creates confidence and pride.
By the numbers
- Up to 80% of communicable diseases are transferable by touch.
- There are 3,000 temporary housing facilities in Westchester County.
- Each Hygiene Kit is curated to care for the whole person, to create a feeling of pride as they take care of themselves and to build esteem.
- While our goal is to serve as many individuals as possible, providing high quality items is of the utmost importance. We consider the needs of as many of our recipients as possible to be sure that these kits are inclusive of the unique needs of all hair types.
By the numbers
- A quarter of US menstruators struggle to purchase period products each year.
- We distribute over 500 Flow Kits per month (over 11,000 products).
- 25% of children in Westchester are considered poor or low income.
- We are members of both the Alliance for Period Supplies and the Period Movement. Our membership in both allows us to purchase items in bulk at a significant discount.
- We have partnered with Aunt Flow – all the products they donate are 100% cotton, biodegradable and contain no chemicals or dyes.